At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for the Electronics & Energy Business located in Chelmsford, MA. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Engineer will provide process engineering support for 3M's Heat Shrink Manufacturing Organization. Responsibilities include support of assigned manufacturing processes of legacy products as well as new product scale-ups.
This engineer will also function as a manufacturing expert, providing manufacturing, quality, and customer support. This role will also require the identification of opportunities for improvement, utilizing Engineering, Materials, and Lean Principles toolsets.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:Technical Contributions-
- Provide engineering support for manufacturing, quality, and sales initiatives. Function as an internal expert, investigating process improvements, as well as initiating capital expenditures to increase plant efficiencies.
- Utilize structured problem-solving techniques. Evaluate and analyze project results, using statistical toolsets. Collaborate with cross-functional teams as assigned.
- Document results, and update manufacturing procedures as needed. Lead and train personnel on new manufacturing techniques and process equipment.
- Collaborate with customers, vendors, and 3M cross functional groups to ensure process modifications meets customer requirements and product claims.
- Initiate and resolve customer issues in a timely manner. Work with sales personnel on new business opportunities.
- Plan equipment layouts and process flow to improve efficiencies. Provide ownership of all process improvements in assigned areas of responsibility. Participate in the plants tier process, completing tasks as assigned.
Initiate, lead, and direct programs in the manufacturing area of responsibility to improve:
- product cost, service, and quality, and/or
- process safety and health/environmental impact. Provides project reviews as needed to ensure success implementation in a timely manner.
- Identify and implement a comprehensive education plan to continually advance technical skills and personal development as well as promotes and actively participates in programs to enhance organizational effectiveness. Functions as a technical resource and mentor within immediate work group. Begins establishing self as a technical expert, resource, and mentor.
- Actively participate in and may lead project planning efforts. Suggests changes or future direction as needed. Participates in implementing changes and future direction.
- Foster and cultivate an extensive network of support and resources (laboratory, quality, financial, manufacturing, engineering, sales, and marketing) to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of five (5) years of manufacturing experience
- Plastics or Polymer engineering experience is a plus, including extrusion and high speed converting
- Ability to solve problems utilizing structured problem-solving tools
- Must be "hands-on" and highly motivated, as well as action oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
May include up to 10%Relocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.