Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
A segment of Johnson Controls, Tyco Fire Protection Products is a global leader in fire and life safety. We provide fire detection, sprinkler, suppression, special-hazard, and emergency communications solutions to customers in countries spanning six continents. With more than 30 manufacturing facilities worldwide, we provide safety and security for millions of customers around the world every day. Plus, we offer a comprehensive array of testing, inspection, maintenance, and repair services to keep fire and life-safety systems in top working order.
We are looking for a talented Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op to join our team in Marinette, WI!
Winter/Spring Term (December 2016 - August 2017)
• Improve operator safety, quality, manufacturing processes, and productivity by working with a cross functional team of Operators, Supervisors, Maintenance, Material Control and Management.
• Design tooling and fixtures to assist with manufacturing processes.
• Create/update manufacturing work instructions.
• Maintains and improves existing equipment by working with Operator, Maintenance, Supervisors, and Material control.
• Conceive, investigates, evaluates, and implements new equipment, tooling, and processes to improved safety, capacity, reliability and reduce cost.
• Analyses data and calculates cost savings.
• Optimizes setups.
• Reviews existing process and suggestions capital improvement projects.
• Actively participates in safety, lean, 6 Sigma, on time delivery, quality and cost savings projects.
• Writes action plans, responsibility lists, capital expenditure requests, equipment specifications, preventative maintenance procedures, work instructions, and other documentation to support factory operations.
• Generates AutoCAD layout and process flow drawings.
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• Completed sophomore year working towards a BS or completed first year of an MS degree.
• Qualified majors: Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
• Knowledge of mechanical devices, hydraulics, pneumatics.
• Strong analytical ability to solve programs and ability to learn quickly.
• Highly developed mechanical and/or electrical aptitudes.
• Interpersonal skills for participating in cross functional teams to resolve problems
• Strong written & verbal communication skills to generate process instructions and reports
• A Self starter and the ability to manage multiple projects and cross-functional teams with minimum guidance
• Ability to follow a structured project management process including document meeting minutes, action items, and monitor progress.
• Experience with AutoCAD or other computer aided design software.
• Previous business internship/co-op experiences with strong business acumen beneficial (preferable not required)
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
• Hands on experience with hand tools.
• Assignment starts January 2017, must be able to start within this timing.
ABOUT JCI'S INTERNSHIP/CO-OP PROGRAM
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other intern/co-op opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.