At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Process Engineer for the Electronics & Energy Business Group's Film Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operations (FMSCO) businesses located In Cottage Grove, MinnesotaJob Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Engineer will provide Process and Product Engineering leadership focusing on safety, product quality, customer expectations, and continuous improvement for the film manufacturing processes at 3M in Cottage Grove, MN. This operation receives and supplies product to a variety of plants and locations throughout 3M, and has similar process operations in our Decatur and Singapore facilities. This person would have the opportunity to align with these teams on site to drive improvements and best practices as needed.
FMSCO supplies films to multiple divisions across 3M. This provides the unique ability to work across the enterprise to provide a variety of products in the industrial, transportation, medical, electronic businesses.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify and lead continual improvement efforts utilizing Lean Six Sigma and related toolsets to improve safety, increase yields, improve productivity, and raise the bar for process capability on manufacturing equipment.
- Partner with FMSCO Manufacturing Technology teams as well as Corporate Labs to identify and bring new technologies to the operations.
- Lead Partner Strategic Deployment discussion to drive continual improvements into the division partner and FMSCO value streams.
- Participate and develop internal audits for ISO 9001 and 14001 to support these management systems.
- Creating and maintaining standard operating procedures, work instructions, and test methods.
- Provide process line support for manufacturing operations.
- Efficiently troubleshoot defects and variation, performing root cause analysis and applying systemic problem solving skills and robust solutions.
- Proactively communicate at all levels of the organization to drive direction and positive change.
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional standards, complies with corporate policies, and lives 3M values, behaviors, and ethics.
- Supporting supply chain and quality in continuous improvement efforts and help drive new product introduction (NPI) and new technology introduction (NTI) programs.
- Willingness to be on-call for an around-the-clock operation.
- Participation in daily Tier LMS meetings.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in one or more of the following areas: EHS, Quality, manufacturing engineering, process engineering, product engineering, and/or product development
- Five (5) or more years of combined experience in Manufacturing, Process, and/or Product Engineering environment.
- Experience in extrusion, casting, film making, coating, and winding
- Experience with statistical process control, design of experiments, and Minitab
- The successful candidate should demonstrate experience in best manufacturing practices (i.e. Six Sigma, SPC, Lean) and must exhibit strong organization, communication, project management, and coaching skills.
Cottage Grove, MN Travel:
Up to 15% domestic/InternationalRelocation Benefits:
Are authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.