At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for the Abrasive Systems Division Plant located in Cumberland, WisconsinJob Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Engineer
will primarily be responsible for driving safety, quality, and cost improvements in a non-woven floor pad value stream along with supporting Business Transformation (BT) projects within the plant.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive product and process improvement projects utilizing Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Develop and maintain product specifications including use of statistical process control tools
- Provide technical leadership for troubleshooting raw material or product problems
- Foster and cultivate an extensive network of cross-functional support (laboratory, marketing, finance, engineering)
- Manage quality metrics to support business process improvements
- Support BT efforts
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering or Science discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of four (4) years of combined experience in one or more of the following areas: manufacturing engineer, process engineer, quality engineer, and/or product development
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering from and accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of manufacturing experience
- Experience using Lean Six Sigma tools and methodology for problem solving and control plans
- Ability to apply statistical tools and complete data analysis (SPC, DOE, Minitab)
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects to successful, on-time, and safe completion and be an active contributing team member
May include up to 10% domestic/international travelRelocation Benefits:
Are authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.