At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Resin Manufacturing Engineer for the Film Plant located in Decatur, Alabama. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The Resin Manufacturing Engineer will provide Process Engineering leadership focusing on safety, product quality, customer expectations, and continuous improvement for the resin manufacturing processes at 3M in Decatur, AL.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for implementation of new and modified processes and equipment to standardization.
- Responsible for improving key performance measures for assigned processes:
• Operating efficiency (OEE/CEE)
• Process yield
• Equipment runtime and downtime
- Actively utilize Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing principles to improve processes, reduce waste, and provide project leadership.
- Actively participate with Product Engineers in the resolution of product complaints.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of assigned processes:
• Develop and lead programs to increase product and process understanding
• Develop and implement programs to reduce process variability
- Provide technical support to Production and Plant Engineering on daily operational issues.
- Assure process safety on process changes, operational safety procedures, and materials.
• Assist production in resolving safety issues
• Assist production in developing safety procedures.
• Develop and update Standard Operating Procedures as necessary.
- Potential for leadership of new product development including:
• Setting up new specifications and raw materials.
• Working with suppliers to resolve issues.
• Develop Statistical Process Control Standards.
• Work with support teams to provide appropriate staffing.
- Work with Plant, Division, and other internal and external resources as needed to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to cover nights, weekends, and holidays, as necessary, to support 24 hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year continuous manufacturing.
- Currently in the last year of pursuing or possess a bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- B.S. in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Experience in manufacturing/process engineering is preferred.
- Experience in resin or polymer manufacturing, extrusion, casting, film making, coating, and winding.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate experience in best manufacturing practices (i.e. Six Sigma, SPC, Lean) and must exhibit strong organization, communication, project management, and coaching skills.
May include up to 10% domestic travelRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.