At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for the Electrical Markets Group located in New Ulm, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Engineer will provide technical leadership and manufacturing support within the Rubber & Resins Plant. This position will be supporting development and deploying of new or improved process technology, new product development, cost reduction and quality improvements. In this position, the person is responsible for driving operational excellence within the areas of support and is expected to initiate and conduct broadly defined technical tasks within the process technology platforms. They are also responsible for advising, consulting and troubleshooting area processes within the plant.Primary Responsibilities
include improving key performance measures for assigned processes:
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Rates, Process Yield, and Quality.
- Actively utilize Lean Six Sigma and statistical tools for improving processes and reducing waste.
- Actively participate with the Quality Group during Complaint Resolutions and Corrective/Preventative Actions Provide technical support to Production and Plant Engineering on daily operational issues.
- Contribute to new product development including:
- Develop Statistical Process Control Standards Work with support teams to provide appropriate experiments.
- Support implementation with New Product/New Technology Introduction system.
- Work with Plant, Division, and other internal and external resources as needed to accomplish objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering or Technology discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing facility
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Rubber Injection Mold Engineering or Technology
- Experience installing and optimizing Automation.
- Experience in process engineering within a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- High personal integrity, an energetic & positive attitude and be a self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and organizational skills to manage different priorities.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and apply systematic thinking in problem solving.
New Ulm, MNTravel:
May include up to 10 % domestic/internationalRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.