This opening is with Arconic, a division of Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com
This position will be located in our Thermatech Coatings Operation and will provide process improvements by providing support to production departments. This position will evaluate, troubleshoot, inspect, maintain, design and analyze and improve types of manufacturing equipment.Key responsibilities to include:
- Assist with various types of equipment and process issues.
- Implement process/equipment improvement related projects and collaborate with Maintenance and Engineering to provide process engineering support.
- Provide sound recommendation for long-term improvement of equipment and process by remaining up to date with best practices.
- Develop, manage and implement process/equipment improvement related projects and collaborate with Maintenance and Engineering to provide process engineering support.
- Identify equipment losses and develop plans to remedy losses.
- Generate appropriate work orders requesting assistance from maintenance.
- Monitor, track, and report key reliability and machine efficiency metrics to identify opportunity for equipment and process improvements.
- Deploy Process Management Leads for the development of the corrective actions and problem solving for issues related to reliability and machine efficiency.
- Maintain equipment critical assessments and the effective use of maintenance strategies and technologies to protect the business from unplanned failures.
- Monitor all process improvement activities and take action to capture savings in the DI System.
- Active presence on the floor to support team in areas of reliability and machine efficiency.
- Work safely, practicing and promoting safety consciousness through Human Performance principles.
- Work with maintenance support groups to develop predictive maintenance protocol.
- BS in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three years experience evaluating, troubleshooting, inspecting, maintaining, designing, analyzing, and improving various types of manufacturing equipment.
- Minimum of three years experience with product and process failure analysis and manufacturing techniques such as Lean manufacturing, JIT, SPC, TQM, etc.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Strong mechanical/electrical and process aptitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficient with AutoCAD or similar CAD software.
- Knowledge of Process Management.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 quality systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and problem solve assigned projects.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/assignments concurrently.
- Able to work flexible hours as required.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.