Manufacturing Engineer- Winston-Salem Facility Primary Purpose:
Under minimal supervision, responsible for the continuous improvement of plant processes and equipment including design and PLC program changes, mechanical and electrical documentation, Six Sigma variation reduction, uptime improvements, and maintenance expense reduction. Primary Duties:
- Efficiently uses problem solving techniques including Pareto analysis, cause and effect analysis, multi-variable analysis, FMEA's and DOE's to reach solutions.
- Initiates and leads plant teams in the development of process improvements.
- Provides technical support for plant operations including maintenance support, capital project implementation, and Six Sigma project rollout support.
- Acts as liaison between plant and Division Engineering personnel in communicating engineering needs process changes, project reporting, etc.
- Monitors process, including new equipment and tools, to ensure performance to specifications. Implements capital and non-capital projects.
- Works with plant quality control and manufacturing personnel to ensure process and equipment is capable of producing product that meets quality and engineering standards.
- Reviews new and modified specifications for proper content and schedules their introduction into the manufacturing system.
- Identifies causes and develops strategies for eliminating re-occurring downtime.
- Assists with assuring tools, equipment, and processes comply with OSHA and EPA standards
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Manufacturing preferred.)
- Minimum 1 year experience in an engineering role within a manufacturing environment. (Internship experience in Industry preferred)
- Basic working knowledge of PLC programming and ladder logic required.
- Experience in Robotics programming, troubleshooting, and diagnostics preferred. (Fanuc / Denso preferred)
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Solidworks, Excel, Power-point, and other related programs.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.