Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer II to be based in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Manufacturing Engineer II will:
- Provides leadership as back up for supervisors.
- Design, develop, test, and evaluate new and existing manufacturing systems for industrial production processes including human work factors, material flow, cost analysis, and process optimization in both production and packaging operations.
- Plan, schedule and perform small scale projects to evaluate, select, and adapt or modify standard manufacturing techniques, procedures, and criteria to increase the efficiency of plant operations.
- Develop manufacturing methods and analyzes labor utilization to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Apply verbal and written communications skills in periodic and special reports and presentations both internally and with customers.
- Perform analytical problem solving and utilizes structured decision making skills.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities. Plan and execute continuous improvement projects.
- Work as a peer partner with the area supervisor to implement lean manufacturing principles in order to increase the overall effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance profile of the team, equipment, and processes
- Perform Initial troubleshooting of equipment and process related issues
- Identify opportunities for engineering support and capital project execution. Prioritize based on business needs. Act as area representative during the execution of these projects
- Be the department point of contact to interface with Tech Ops to understand the critical aspects of product, component and labeling requirements.
- Act as the shop floor expert to support investigation resolution, root cause analysis, and implementation of corrective and preventative actions.
- Author Site Change Controls and manage to completion.
- Knowledge and application of Six Sigma and Lean methodology
- A University/Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Science is required with a focused degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial or Packaging Engineering preferred
- A Minimum of 2 years related experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- A thorough understanding of line design flow principles and practices, and/or lean manufacturing and/or the ability to troubleshoot processes and equipment is required.
- Working knowledge of project management principles are required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required
- Experience with Continuous Improvement tools, training and/or certification is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization is required
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers and internal customers is required
- Demonstrated organizational skills are required
- Demonstrated cross-functional collaboration and teaming is required
- Analytical problem solver
- Previous exposure to other business applications such as LIMS, Trackwise, E-Doc, SAP, Ariba, MES, Compliance Wire, etc… is preferred
- The ability to pay attention to details and accuracy while being flexible, able to adapt to changing priorities is required.
- Strong time management skills (schedules, timelines, and task prioritization) will be required
- May be required to cover other shifts as needed
- This positions in based in Fort Washington PA and requires up to 10% travel
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort WashingtonOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Industrial ManufacturingRequisition ID