Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to investigate and resolve work-in-process problems; and to develop and refine manufacturing processes for a high complexity product line. This position is located at the AFSR aerospace fastener manufacturing plant in Torrance, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,500 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- The focus of this role is to investigate and resolve work-in-process problems in order to maintain workflow and meet production goals.
- Develop and refine manufacturing processes for high complexity product line.
- Conduct process control studies, under the supervision of the Manufacturing Manager or the Senior Manufacturing Engineer, to create optimal process parameters translating to standard and rework procedures for production and/or processing methods and controls to meet quality and safety standards in the most efficient manner.
- Conduct process capability studies on machines, gauges and human factors.
- Continuously search for methods and techniques to reduce effort required to set-up machines.
- Integrate resources in manufacturing environment, under the supervision of the Manufacturing Manager or the Senior Manufacturing Engineer.
- Recommend and implement improvement and/or modifications in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related standards.
- Monitor assigned operations to ensure compliance with approved methods and quality/safety standards.
- Tooling, fixture, and machine design emphasis.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and employees of the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office programs; strong Excel proficiency
- Knowledge of systems such as QAD or AS 400
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, work with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials; ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 3 years of Engineering experience in Manufacturing
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, from an accredited institution
- Prefer 4+ years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Experience in the fastener industry
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Daily Management, Kaizen teams and workshops, One-Piece-Flow, Standardized Work, etc.
- Experience with QAD MFG/PRO ERP System is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.