MANUFACTURING ENGINEER II, SENIOR Key Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies.
- Interfaces with other engineering functions to coordinate the release of product improvements and/or new products. Launches, releases, approves and implements or issues engineering change requests as required to support design engineering and Operations with new and existing products.
- Estimates manufacturing costs determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements. Uses DFx principles to reduce manufacturing and/or product costs, and improve delivered product quality.
- Develops and uses test procedures, including assisting with the definition of test specifications with design / software engineering. May work with test engineering on the design and development of text fixtures. May assist in the coordination of test fixture sourcing activities.
- Gathers operational and test data and evaluates results; may takes corrective/continuous improvement actions.
- Evaluates work methods, procedures and policies. Participates in the development and maintenance of new and existing business processes; updates as necessary to ensure current practices are documented.
- Determines root cause and corrective action analysis for issues that arise during assembly and/or test of systems; provides failure analysis report as required.
: Ability to use professional concepts, apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of complex issues. JOB COMPLEXITY
: Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Ability to use judgment, within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. SUPERVISION
: Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction. TECHNICAL ABILITIY
: Pro Engineer, SAP, Agile, Lotus Notes, skills a plus must have Microsoft office skills.INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
: Works well in teams, comfortable with cross functional team presentations, ability to resolve issues between team members. ACCOUNTABILITY
: Self driving requires minimal day to day supervision. Follows defined guidelines. JOB IMPACT
: Improve efficiency of production. Identify errors/issues with manufacturing processes and assemblies. PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
: Requires knowledge and experience in Ion Implanter and support systems or similar ; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the company, processes, and customers. Solves a range of straightforward problems. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.Qualifications: EDUCATION
: BS - Bachelor Degree of Science in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering. EXPERIENCE:
1-3 years engineering experience in high tech environment with 3D modeling experience a plus. Specific electro-mechanical and vacuum systems experience also a plus.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.