Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
The Manufacturing Engineering INTERN position will have responsibility for driving continuous improvement within our operations group.
This person will lead eliminate barriers within our Short Interval Management Process with a special focus upon action and project completion directed by our Schneider Performance System scorecard.
A safety focused individual who demonstrates leadership aptitudes, mechanical aptitude, and an excellent work ethic are critical for this role.
A Manufacturing Engineering INTERN must be an excellent influencer, communicator and coordinator at all levels within the organization. Be collaborative, proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities and be able to adapt to a dynamic and fast changing environment. Specific responsibilities include:
· Develop and maintain excellent working relationship across all levels of the organization.
· Utilize existing and learn Lean Manufacturing concepts while resolving barriers and implementing improvements..
· Pro-actively identify barriers and eliminate them
· Accept coaching, direction, and mentoring while quickly following through with assigned tasks.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Manufacturing, electrical, or Industrial Engineering... or another relevant engineering or supply chain related degree.
Experience (desired and preferred, not required):
• • Previous relevant work experience within a manufacturing environment (via other internships, co-ops, etc.)
• Lean Manufacturing concept knowledge and experience.
• Prior experience in value stream / flow management, with again, a basic understanding of lean manufacturing concepts.
• Ability to drive improvement via working with others.
Skills & Abilities:
• • • Leadership: Driving results through influence and collaboration
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to be self managed, lead small scale projects, and quickly take assigned tasks to completion.
• Strong organizational skills including but not limited to the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments in parallel, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
• Ability to work with others in a team environment, leading by example, being respectful of others.
• knowledge and application experience with Microsoft applications, OUTLOOK email, AutoCad, Visio, SAP system are all a plus.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.