Johnson Controls (NYSE: JCI) is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
A segment of Johnson Controls, Tyco Fire Protection Products is a global leader in fire and life safety. We provide fire detection, sprinkler, suppression, special-hazard, and emergency communications solutions to customers in countries spanning six continents. With more than 30 manufacturing facilities worldwide, we provide safety and security for millions of customers around the world every day. Plus, we offer a comprehensive array of testing, inspection, maintenance, and repair services to keep fire and life-safety systems in top working order.
We are looking for talented Manufacturing Engineering Interns to join our team in Lubbock, TX!
• Assist engineering department in the development, evaluation process and improvement of manufacturing methods within the plant facility.
• Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capacities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Draft and review detailed sketches, drawings, project instructions, blueprints and test specifications using computers, engineering and designing software and other drafting tools.
• Prepare charts, graphs and diagrams to illustrate changes in workflow, routing, floor layouts, materials handling, and machine utilization.
• Sets up and conducts tests of completed products under operational conditions to confirm specifications met objectives and to identify technical problems.
• Aid in the collection and recording of numerical data and test procedures and apply statistical methods to recommend changes in production or test methods.
• Studies and records time, motion, methods and speed involved in performance of maintenance, production, and other worker operations to establish standard production rate and to improve efficiency.
• Recommend revisions of methods of operation and material handling, alteration of equipment layout and other changes to increase production.
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• Completed sophomore year working towards a BS or completed first year of an MS degree.
• Qualified majors: Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
• Proficient with use of computer and multiple software applications which include Word, Excel, Access, Auto Cad and CAD/CAM and related software.
• Must have applied knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and robotic machining methods.
• Must be familiar with hand assembly as well as automation.
• Previous business internship/co-op experiences with strong business acumen beneficial (preferable not required)
• Demonstrated leadership experience.
• Assignment starts June 2017, must be able to start within this timing.
ABOUT JCI'S INTERNSHIP/CO-OP PROGRAM
During your assignment with JCI, you may have a variety of developmental opportunities in addition to your work assignments, such as, roundtable discussions with senior leaders to skill-building workshops, networking events, and community activities. No matter what your assignment, you will be presented with exceptional opportunities that help you explore diverse career paths! For more information on our company, a list of other intern/co-op opportunities, or to create a profile you can visit us at www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.