Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Key Responsibilities
- Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Manages manufacturing engineering related projects, as required.
- Interfaces with other engineering functions to coordinate the release of product improvements and/or new products. Drives manufacturing engineering ePLC deliverables. Launches, releases, approves and implements or issues engineering change requests as required to support design engineering and floor with new and existing products.
- Estimates manufacturing costs, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements. Leads teams across multiple functional groups in the use of DFx principles to reduce product costs and improve delivered product quality.
- Develops and uses test procedures, including assisting with the definition of test specifications with design / software engineering. May work with test engineering on the design and development of text fixtures. May assist in the coordination of test fixture sourcing activities.
- Participates in the preparation of concept and feasibility studies. Gathers operational test data and evaluates results; manages corrective actions.
- Evaluates work methods, procedures and policies. Identifies, documents and implements new business processes and efficiency improvement tools. Mentors and trains lower level engineers; identifies training needs, updates training curriculums, and develops training programs.
- Coordinates sourcing activities with external / internal suppliers, as required.
- Leads Process Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis when working with New Product Development.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
- Detailed knowledge of close tolerance machining, tooling/fixturing, shop floor control, sheet metal fabrication and welding.
- Familiarity with special processes such as plating, painting, anodizing, etc.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.