ATEP (Arconic Titanium and Engineered Products) is a world-class producer of titanium aero ingots and mill products-and a leader in multi-material airframe subassemblies and advanced technologies and materials, such as 3D printing and titanium aluminides. Titanium is the world's fastest-growing aerospace metal, and we're taking it to greater heights with vertically integrated capabilities and deep materials science expertise. Our engineered products and solutions help build the world's most advanced aircraft-and also help protect our troops and power our world.
The Manufacturing Engineer
is responsible for developing and maintaining cost effective processes and procedures for assigned parts used in the manufacture of parts and assemblies, providing technical support to Program Management, Operations, Quality and NC Programming, coordinating the activities of assigned projects, maintaining manufacturing plans in the company ERP system, identifying continuous improvement opportunities and maintaining appropriate documentation. Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and maintain cost effective processes and procedures used in the manufacture of parts and assemblies in order to ensure conformance to customer requirements while adhering to the highest quality standards and LEAN principles;
- Assist Program Management by providing information on the technical aspects of projects including ensuring manufacturability, assuring appropriate bids on projects are submitted and providing on-going technical support throughout the duration of assigned projects;
- Coordinate the activities of assigned projects, including supporting the MRB process and providing engineering support to Operations and Quality and troubleshoot as needed to resolve manufacturing process issues and out-of-specification issues;
- Develop recommendations for equipment, fixtures and cutting tools necessary to produce parts and/or assemblies. Assist in the development of tooling design and validating alternate materials as required;
- Input manufacturing plans into the company ERP system and maintain various key elements of the plan, including parts inventory, product structure and routings;
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and support efforts in order to implement LEAN principles throughout the organization;
- Develop and maintain appropriate documentation related to projects responsible for, including engineering changes and manufacturing processes;
- Work closely with NC Programming to ensure CNC programs are complete and verified before scheduled start dates of the projects;
- Assist with planning, designing and coordinating the integration of new equipment into the manufacturing process;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 2 years of manufacturing experience;
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience in the design and selection of fixturing and tooling for complex parts;
- Experience in a precision machine shop environment;
- LEAN / Six Sigma training and demonstrated application;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Intermediate experience with CAD/CAM systems utilizing solid modeling;
- Intermediate experience utilizing an ERP system;
- Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment;
- Experience working within an ISO environment;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.