This opening is with Arconic Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys, aluminum and titanium primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets. For more information on Arconic, visit us online at www.arconic.com
This position will be located in our Ti-Cast Operation and is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for ensuring department rates are accurate.
- Own and maintain all aspects of cost modelling quote file.
- Compiles information from engineering, manufacturing, and sales to generate cost models for new quotes.
- Perform and analyze time studies to develop standardized work and set labor standards on the shop floor and our cost system
- Create capacity analysis tools that capture machine cycle times, OA, OEE and Labor Utilization
- Utilization of observation skills to drive NVA (Non Value Add) waste elimination, reduced operation cycle times and product flow analysis
- Skills include Microsoft Excel, problem solving, cost analysis, communication, observation.
- Expect to spend a portion of day on shop floor.
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aerospace, or Industrial Engineering.
- Previous internship or co-op experience in a manufacturing environment or lab environment.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, u.S. permanent Resident (i.e. "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 3+ years engineering experience.
- Statistical knowledge; blueprint reading; knowledge of welding processes, theory and application.
- Good written and oral communication skills., PC and analytical skills.
- Experience working with Total Preventative Maintenance program.