At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for the Electronics & Energy Business Group, Film Manufacturing & Supply Chain Operations (FMSCO) Division located in Old Hickory, TN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Engineer
will be responsible for driving continuous improvement, customer alignment, provide technical leadership, and manufacturing support for current products and scale up of new products.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Actively support site safety through personal actions and decisions
- Provide daily production support and troubleshooting
- Actively utilize Lean Six Sigma and statistical tools for improving processes and reducing waste.
- Contribute to new product development including:
- Develop Statistical Process Control Standards Work with support teams to provide appropriate experiments.
- Support implementation with New Product/New Technology Introduction system.
- Work with Plant, Division, and other internal and external resources as needed to accomplish objectives
- Provide daily production support and troubleshooting for manufacturing operations
- Champion Continuous Improvement culture and participate in all related continuous improvement activities for the site
- Willingness to be on-call
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Science or Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing facility
- Experience in process engineering within a manufacturing facility
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and apply systematic thinking in problem solving
Old Hickory, TNTravel:
May include up to 25% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.