At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for the SOSD Division located in Maplewood, MN. Be part of what's next! Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Engineer will apply broad knowledge and extensive experience to deal with variations in work conditions and operations to solve complex and diverse problems to deliver results for EHS, quality, customer service, cost reductions and new product development.Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Development and implementation of improvements related to safety, quality, service, and cost (productivity)
- Development and implementation of cross-functional projects, plans, and programs in support of business and strategic plans new process start-ups, new process technology integration, aggressive cost reduction, and supply chain improvement using Lean Six Sigma tools
- Proactively communicates project direction and status to appropriate personnel
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards, complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M's values and ethical standards
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and apply systematic problem solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Two (2) years of combined experience in process engineering and/or manufacturing engineering
- Experience in a manufacturing engineer role
- Minimum five years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in leading multi-functional teams through complex projects from planning to completion
- Experience in supporting new product development and commercialization
- Experience in developing and managing capital budgets and project completion within time and cost projections
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills
Up to 10%
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.