At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Process/Manufacturing Engineer for the Industrial Mineral Products Division located in Wausau, WisconsinJob Summary
The person hired for the position of Process/Manufacturing Engineer will primarily be responsible for supporting the Coloring and Shipping departments in both Wausau Downtown plants. 3M Wausau is comprised of about 150 employees. Wausau is located 175 miles east of the Twin Cities in central WisconsinPrimary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides engineering leadership for the Coloring and Shipping operations
- Establishes a network of resources and contacts to meet business goals and customer needs
- Utilizes technical skills to compile and review information to evaluate project scope, equipment specifications and other project requirements
- Monitors product factory cost and initiates continuous improvement projects
- Leads and participates in multiple Lean and Six Sigma projects focused on productivity and quality system improvements & technologies in support of the Coloring and Shipping departments
- Utilizes project management skills to organize and execute projects
- Supports site and focus factory resources with process improvements
- Drives understanding of key customer needs and monitors process capabilities
- Reports project implementation, cost and status to appropriate person
- Troubleshooting process problems, supporting new process introductions, & providing accurate documentation
- Leads disruptive technology projects within assigned department(s). Including project scoping, technology search, project justification, basic design, assist with project management, and lead implementation and troubleshooting. Manage proprietary information.
- Leads process reliability improvement projects
- Cross functional team leadership for new process start-ups, new process technology integration, cost reduction, and supply chain improvement using Lean Six Sigma
- Supports factory experiments for new products and product modifications (example: RM substitutions)
- Willingness to be on-call (interest question)
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- One (1) year of engineering experience
Location: Wausau, Wisconsin Travel: May include up to 25% domesticRelocation: Is authorized Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of three years working within a manufacturing and/or process engineering environment
- Minimum of one year of experience with DMAIC and Business Excellence
- Minimum of three years' experience with lean manufacturing in a production environment
- Minimum of three years working with cross-functional teams
- Experience in aggregate or granular process operations
- Minimum of three years' experience with Minitab
- Demonstrated strength in engineering/technical skills
- Self-starter/self-directed that leads with high energy and passion
- Proven track of continuous process improvement
- Effective facilitation, communication and teaching skills
- Ability to engage and influence all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.