Manufacturing Engineer (Entry-Mid Level, Immediate Hire)
Join Schneider Electric and power your career! Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric is searching for an ambitious professional to assume the role of a Manufacturing Engineer in our Columbia, SC location. Description:
This position is accountable for solving problems and driving continuous improvement by utilizing LEAN, Six Sigma, and Schneider Performance System (SPS) principles. This individual will own the manufacturing process including ergonomics, work standards, work content analysis, line design, capacity analysis, MPH (material providing and handling), and tools/equipment. This position is also responsible for leading capital projects including strategy development, project timeline, cost estimates, benefit analysis (business justification), vendor identification, and execution.
The identified candidate will be a critical member of a cross-function value-stream team that identifies root causes and eliminates short-term and long-term barriers. Finally, a successful manufacturing engineer must be able to lead this team and production associates in Kaizen blitzes to rapidly attack and resolve reoccurring issues. Responsibilities:
Qualifications: Candidates should possess:
- Acts as the technical expert for specific product manufacturing processes.
- Work with value-stream team on daily and long term problems/projects impacting production.
- Constantly seek opportunities to eliminate ergonomic risk, reduce quality defects, improve efficiencies, and reduce product cost through methods, materials, tools, and equipment.
- Effectively lead cross-functional kaizen events by teaching and then utilizing Lean and Schneider Production System(SPS) concepts.
- Simultaneously manage the development, analysis, and implementation of capital projects.
- Support new product development/enhancements
- Bachelor's degree in engineering field (ME, IE, QE or EE)
- 2-5 years of relevant manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of LEAN manufacturing/Six Sigma
- Experience solving problems by leading, managing, and implementing continuous improvement projects
- Ability to work across business functions
- Self-directed and self-motivated to identify and drive improvements
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications (AutoCAD, MS Office, Access, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in low volume, high mix manufacturing operations preferred.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.