At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for the Film Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operation located in Menomonie, WI. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Engineer
will provide technical leadership for the integrated processing operations area within the Specialty Extrusion and Converting (SEC) value stream. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Support supply chain and quality continuous improvement efforts and help drive New Product Introduction (NPI) and New Technology Introduction (NTI) programs.
- Technical leader of the integrated manufacturing process who will provide guidance to operators, supply chain, and other divisional partners.
- Collaborate across manufacturing, corporate lab and business team functions to understand requirements and identify opportunities for improvement
- Scale-up of new products and technologies along with process optimization for existing products and processes to assure manufacturing capability. Line runs both standard production and experimental/scale up runs.
- Proactively communicate at all levels of the organization to drive direction and positive change.
- Actively participate in the day-to-day operations, specifically daily tier process, EHS activities, MOC process change management, OEE analysis, and resolution of any gaps in performance.
- Product and process understanding and optimization of the processes to improve overall product quality levels.
- Lead capital improvement projects to improve or expand process capabilities.
- Efficiently troubleshoot defects and variation, performing root cause analysis and applying systemic problem solving skills and robust solutions.
- Capacity and capability improvement utilizing six sigma methodology (DMAIC), actively participating in cross functional, divisional and cultural teams and assisting in troubleshooting day-to-day production and maintenance issues when needed.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of four (4) years of engineering experience
- Product/process development and commercialization experience
- Automated machine experience (controls, sensors, programming, troubleshooting)
- Motivated engineer interested in manufacturing experience with high personal integrity and positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and organizational skills to manage different priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects to successful, on-time completion in a safe manner as well as have the ability to be an active contributing team member.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, hands-on talent and analytical comprehension
- Previous experience with extrusion processing
- Statistics training, including SPC, Design of Experiments, Six Sigma Methodology and Minitab.
May include up to 15% travelRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.