BASIC FUNCTION Manufacturing capacity review to define requirements for capital tooling requirements and specifications. Capital projects definitions, justification and implementation. Manufacturing process specifications and plant layouts for various fabricated and assembled Frick products. Review of engineering drawings or design concepts to develop/define manufacturing operations and tooling. Define computer numerical controlled machining cells and processes, define tooling and fixture requirements, develop labor cost standards, learn, lead and support JCMS.
DIMENSION Responsible for development of Shop Standards, Routings, Programming, Capital Projects and Improvements as required to support manufacturing operations. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES - Compressors Shop or Final Assembly Shop
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES - Compressors Shop
- Defines, justifies and implements capital projects.
- Defines operational process sequences, production facilities and layouts, establishes labor time standards.
- Reviews new product designs to specify manufacturing processes following NPI format.
- Assists in resolution of various production problems utilizing various Lean/ Six Sigma methodologies.
- Performs a variety of duties as prescribed by supervisor.
- Forecasts product cost estimates for various existing and proposed products.
- Must be able to work and participate in a team environment
- Lead and guide projects
- Communicate verbally, via email and reports with precision and clarity.
- Participate/ lead planning and capacity studies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES - Final Assembly Shop
- Perform reviews/ recommendations/ acquisition of tooling and fixtures for process improvements and NPI.
- Create CNC machining, screw compressor/screw rotor processing procedures and compressor assembly/ test procedures.
- Read P&I diagrams to lead/ guide assembly of heavy fabricated packages.
- Basic knowledge of pipe fit-up and welding procedures to establish rates and guide these processes
- Adheres to the Company's Code of Conduct and Business Ethics standards.
IMPORTANT: Candidates must be able to legally work for Johnson Controls in the United States without sponsorship.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
Requires a bachelor's degree in Engineering from college or university; or related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Compressors Shop
- Possesses technical process knowledge; principles of precision machining and measurements; machining theory and practices; Process Time Standards development and time studies Final Assembly Shop
- Possesses technical process knowledge; Knowledge of heavy fabrication, P&I diagrams, pipe fitting and welding procedures COMPUTER SKILLS
Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), Basic ACAD, as well as Internet software and E-mail is required. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to touch, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus. THE ABOVE DESCRIPTION OUTLINES THE MOST SIGNICANT JOB FUNCTIONS PERFORMED BUT MAY INCLUDE OTHER SIMILAR FUNCTIONS OR ASSIGNMENTS NOT SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED.
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.