Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat.
We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. POSITION OVERVIEW
Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing processes in plant by performing the following duties. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Develop and recommend short and long-range goals and objectives for Lean Manufacturing.
- Evaluate current manufacturing systems to determine areas for improvement and recommend implementation schedule.
- Maintain current knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodologies, prepare capital request, cost justifications to support recommendations.
- Prioritize and implement schedules for assigned projects using appropriate planning methods and facilitate project implementation.
- Manage a small dedicated continuous improvement team and schedule projects for their team
- Serve a facilitator coach for teams during Kaizen events and follow up to assist supervisors to sustain work improvement.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Create Investment Project Proposals (IPP) for the purchase of new equipment and facility improvements. The IPP process includes calculating the cost of new equipment and justifying the purchase by calculating savings and efficiency in a formal written document.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Resolves deviation reports concerning product or material with plant personnel including maintenance personnel to direct equipment adjustments.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Distributes product/part drawings to appropriate plant personnel.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree required, with majors in Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering or related field from a four-year college or university. Knowledge of manufacturing processes in a sheet metal/extruded aluminum environment. Minimum of five years related experience. Prefer knowledge of Lean Manufacturing methodologies and a proven track record with application. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Bilingual is a plus but not required MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. COMPUTER SKILLS
Required knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word using MS Windows platform. MS PowerPoint and MS Access experience a plus. TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Approximately 10% to 15% required depending on location. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts, overtime before and after shifts and on weekends. Ability to work as part of a team, including all related departments/plants or independently as required to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.