What you will do
The Manufacturing Engineer is accountable for directing, planning, coordinating and implementing processes and methods required for premier HVAC manufacturing. This position is responsible for the leadership of or participation in process improvement teams, including projects to increase plant capacity, improve product quality, and improve process safety utilizing barrier removal techniques, discovery and implementation of cost reduction activities, and Kepner Tregoe, five-step and/or other problem solving methods.
How you will do it
- Process and documents engineering changes and modifications.
- Work to resolve and prevent trouble-shooting production issues and equipment.
- Optimize work station layout, equipment justification, specification and installation.
- Assist with the introduction of new products in Operations.
- Support and implements Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Perform data analysis to assess process capability and implement improvements
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent combined education and experience.
- A minimum of three years experience in manufacturing.
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail, Microsoft Office software, Autodesk 2D or equivalent CAD software.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Knowledge of DFT / Lean manufacturing principles, ergonomic principles, and classic industrial engineering principles.
- Experience in equipment justification, specification and installation, and fabrication processes including coils, copper and sheet metal processing with focus on automation and robotics experience and knowledge.
- Strong presentation, teamwork and coaching skills.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.