Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
Internship for Summer 2018 (May-August).
Manufacturing Engineering Intern will actively participate in the manufacturing process in a production facility.
Some of the primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Support key transformation initiatives around takted delivery from the Warehouse
- Creation and deployment of rack labels for kitting areas
- Training documentation for new kitting and replenishment processes
- Movement of material to support future state layout of Warehouse
- Support standard work cell design of lines that have not yet gone through transformation
- Completion of standard work combination sheets
- Playbook development and deployment
- Training documentation for new processes implementation
- Strong working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database programs
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Initiative to learn industry and project requirements
- Ability to collaborate efforts with team members and work in a team environment
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution
- Must have completed two years of postsecondary education
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.