Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate/motivated individual to assume the role of Manufacturing Engineering Intern in our Seneca, SC location. This position has a strong focus on i dentification and implementation of projects to improve productivity of processes while providing a flexible work schedule.
- Drive improvements through Industrial solutions in compliance with the Schneider Production System (SPS) lean principles and conform to safety standards
- Design and develop layouts and methods to ensure the manufacturability of the product.
- Research on the best available techniques to incorporate into the process, and calculate and improve manpower requirements and efficiency, methods, equipment and tools to optimize the manufacturability of products.
- Lead or support Lean/Kaizen activities
- Perform root cause analysis of situations and implement corrective actions
- Develops assembly processes and work instructions and trains workforce
- Develops labor standards for assembly processes
- Provide Support for employee suggestion system
- Pursuing a BSIE, BSME, BSEE, or equivalent 4 year degree
The ideal candidate would preferably have:
•Proven leadership qualities and ability to facilitate conflicts.
•Self-motivated and self-directed with high sense of urgency.
•Solid work ethic - honors responsibility and commitment.
•Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
•Excellent communication and team collaboration skills (English language)
•Proven ability to achieve results
*Local candidates preferred. Candidates must be available to work part time during the school year 10-17 hours per week
*Candidates must be able to work Spring and Summer of 2017
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disables
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.