Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager - # 0031VU
Global Supply Chain
Location – Seneca, SC
Are you looking for a new opportunity as a Manufacturing Engineering Manager in Seneca, South Carolina? This is an outstanding opportunity for you to lead engineering resources in support of Schneider Electric department and plant goals. If you’re skilled in manufacturing engineering, lean manufacturing and manufacturing management, this job is a fit for you!
At Schneider Electric, we create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
What would some of your responsibilities include?
The Engineering Manager must be an excellent influencer, communicator and coordinator at all levels within the organization. Be able to challenge others to find better solutions to improve performance. Be passionate for customers and business results. Be collaborative, proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities and be able to adapt to a dynamic and fast changing environment. Specific responsibilities include:
· Develop and maintain excellent working relationship across all levels of the organization.
· Lead engineering resources to support ETO assembly, fabrication and warehouse processes in achieving department and plant goals.
· Utilize Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma skills to address complex process opportunities with simple solutions.
· Lead the deployment of SPS in the facility.
· Educate and develop strong analytical skills within the team to correct issues on the first pass.
· Identify constraints to achieving plant goals and collaborate to find and implement effective solutions. Prioritize to make the right decisions rapidly.
· Ensure capacity is in alignment with growth estimates.
· Reduce costs year over year (DVC and MBC) by driving productivity and sustainability
· Support PMP and PEP product development projects
· Lead capital planning and project execution
· Lead execution and improvement of idea system
· Mentor and develop team members for career growth
Do you have these key experiences and qualifications?
• Four year degree in Engineering or equivalent related work experience
• Formal lean manufacturing training is preferred, but not required
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
• Prior experience in manufacturing engineering, with a solid understanding of lean manufacturing and manufacturing management.
• Ability to drive process and culture change in a mature organization is highly desired.
Skills & Abilities:
• Leadership: Driving results through influence and collaboration
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent Project Management Skills
• Excellence in Change Management
• Strong organizational skills including but not limited to the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments in parallel, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
• Strong financial acumen and quantitative analytical skills
• Demonstrate significant potential for future advancement to higher levels of leadership
• Knowledge of Business Software related to Manufacturing and Capacity Planning such as SAP, ACCESS/SQL databases, and Excel
• Demonstrate ability to perform root cause analysis and develop action plans to strategically eliminate barriers
• Ability to identify waste and drive it out of complex processes
If our recruiting team determines your background may be a good match for this position, we'll contact you directly regarding the next steps in the process.
At Schneider Electric we want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We embrace a high-performance culture by being straightforward, open, passionate and effective and challenging the status quo.
About Schneider Electric
Satisfaction is not a guarantee - it's a life goal. Schneider Electric™ provides the platform for professional and personal fulfillment, through employee well-being; unique and diverse collaborative teams; challenging roles; continual skill growth; and more. We comprise a 160,000-strong high-performance workforce, and we thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.
Global HR is a pretty sweet organization. We have lots of responsibility. Our US business is working on big revenue growth goals this year. We've got about 30,000 people in the US in over 50 locations; the US brings in about one quarter of Schneider Electric's overall revenue. Schneider Electric is listed as one of Forbes™ America's Best Large Employers for 2016.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.