Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader that will be based out of West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Manufacturing Engineering Team leader will:
• Lead and manage the Process Engineering Teams within budget and to plan, using best practice technologies, innovation, and people development
• Support the daily and strategic needs of the site in terms of meeting the requirements for capacity, availability, quality standards and compliant documentation as part of the sustaining engineering function as well as ongoing and preventative maintenance to minimize equipment down-time and ensuring equipment process stability
• Ensure adherence to the relevant safety requirements for equipment and processes and define, coordinate, and execute corrective actions involving the relevant internal and external resources
• Participate in the development of the capital investment plans for the business considering strategic needs as well as needs based on equipment lifecycle following a risk based approach, driving cost improvements while meeting capacity needs
• Be accountable for the development of SOP's, Work Instruction, and other control processes or practices and documentation as it pertains project management, user requirements and cycle times of the manufacturing processes
• Ensure utilization of appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies as e.g. Lean and 5S principles when implementing improvements of existing manufacturing processes
• Ensure consistent development and review of business cases and financial justification for all continuous improvement programs and capital investment projects in adherence to internal, franchise, and J&J requirements.
• Responsible for adherence to GxP principles in the development of tooling, fixturing and machining solutions to provide cost effective solutions and a safe working environment.
• Ensure efficient utilization of human and other natural and technical resources when defining new technical solutions to offset generally increasing cost.
• Accountable for adherence to applicable risk management practices when introducing new products and/or processes.
• Assists with and follows up on addressing internal and external audit findings making sure open action items are given appropriate priority and are addressed as needed.
• May act as a technical reference or lead special projects for areas of expertise as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related field is required
• A minimum of six (6) years in an Engineering, Operations or Quality role is required
• High proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office is required
• Proven track record of motivating teams is required
• Knowledge of CAPA, risk assessment and process validation experience is required
• Proven history of continuous improvement and talent for technological and manufacturing related problem solving is required
• Experience with Manufacturing Engineering in a metal cutting manufacturing environment or related industry is preferred
• Excellent project management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize, schedule and follow up to ensure successful accomplishment of established strategies, project portfolios, goals and objectives is preferred
• Previous experience within Healthcare/Medical Devices Sector Six Sigma Certification is preferred
• Experience using Instantis is preferred
• Experience with people leadership and talent development is preferred
• Willingness to support global projects including some international travel is required
• Ability to travel up to 20% domestic and internationally is required
• Ability to work in conditions that may be hot, cold, wet and/or noisy along with exposure to fumes, oil, coolants and other manufacturing related chemicals is required
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOrganization
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)Job Function
Process EngineeringRequisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.