Panasonic Corporation is working with Tesla Motors, Inc. to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules for solar panels at Tesla’s Solar City factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role will be to manufacture and supply PV cells and modules with unique heterojunction photovoltaic cells, combining a crystalline silicon wafer with an amorphous silicon layer. Products will feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics.
The collaboration will make optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
The factory’s production began in the summer of 2017. By expanding the scale of production capacity over time, Panasonic expects to reach production capacity of over 1 GW (GigaWatt) by 2019. Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment to Panasonic for products manufactured at the Solar City factory.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration as it staffs up for initial production and grow with it as operations get under way and expand.
Currently, PESSNY has an immediate opening available for aManufacturing Equipment Engineer (CVD/PVD).What You'll Get to Do: We are looking for engineers who will be responsible for deposition equipment such as CVD and PVD of solar cell production manufacturing. Scope of this work includes, under instructions by managers, communication/negotiation to equipment suppliers, equipment integration, establishing and continuously improving equipment management such as maintenance to achieve stable process and contribute to minimize manufacturing costs.
The duties are as follows:
- Equipment integration through rich communication/negotiation with equipment suppliers
- Monitoring equipment conditions by statistical methods and keeping it stable
- Establishing equipment maintenance structure and maintaining equipment quality
- Provide on-time trouble shooting to maximize production volume
- Lead process improvements such as productivity, operation cost and production yield
- Taking part in process management to sustain continuous production running
- Collaborate with process integration engineers to reduce manufacturing costs by optimizing/enhancing process conditions
- Strong communication with utility people to ensure process/equipment availability
- Management of tools/consumables related to the equipment
- Hardware modification/retrofits of equipment as necessary and supplier management for it
- Building up overall control structure of equipment
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.