Continuous Improvement Manager
Do you want to work with iconic brands like Lipton Dove, TRESemmé, Hellman’s, Ben & Jerry’s and Breyer’s? Are you a Continuous Improvement professional who wants to really have an impact on the process and quality of these well renowned brands?
You will be responsible to develop a WCM (World Class Manufacturing) Master-plan from the site manufacturing strategy, providing WCM skill development and coaching for all operators, engineers, supervisors and managers within the factory site. You will also work with the Factory Director to ensure appropriate progress is being made against Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other relevant metrics.
What you’ll be doing:
· Responsible for the implementation, management, and successful operation of the Continuous Improvement Methodology process in the factory.
· Ensure site WCM master plan and actions are aligned with the category manufacturing strategy.
· Coordinates the development of the WCM preparation phase plan, tracks progress against the plan and leads issue resolution (gap analysis and adjustments to plan).
· Implements appropriate reviews (monthly, quarterly) to evaluate both pillars and departments progress in their WCM plans.
· Facilitates the development of individual pillars, sets benchmarks and tracks completion of pillar goals, including participation in pillar meetings, team meetings and activities.
· Serves as a resource and coach for questions and practices regarding the WCM process.
· Coordinates activities with internal regionally deployed Manufacturing Excellence Managers and Director. Provides updated information on a monthly basis to regional Manufacturing Excellence team regarding progress of WCM. Also will work directly the continuously improvement strategy group and other external consultants.
· Serves as a WCM champion in the facility to promote WCM amongst management and employees
· Coordinates with Unilever Engineering Project Manager and site Technology Innovation Manager to ensure appropriate methodology is being incorporated into all projects and new equipment/products and ensures this is part of the Site Acceptance Test.
What you’ll get:
· Competitive compensation package including base salary & bonus structure.
· Medical & Dental Plans.
· Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children.
· Health Care Flexible Spending.
· Dependent Care.
· 401k Savings Plans.
· Tuition Reimbursement.
· Paid Vacation and Holidays.
What qualifications you need to have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a Science in related field is required.
· 5 years’ experience in manufacturing role.
· Continuous Improvement/WCM/ TPM/Six Sigma/Lean experience required.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in more than 190 countries. Working to create a better future every day, we help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. In the United States and Canada, the portfolio includes brand icons such as: Axe, Becel, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers, Caress, Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy, Consort For Men, Country Crock, Degree, Dove personal care products, Fruttare, Good Humor, Hellmann’s, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!, Just for Me!, Klondike, Knorr, Lever 2000, Lipton, Magnum, Motions, Nexxus, Noxzema, Pond’s, Popsicle, Promise, Q-tips, Simple, St. Ives, Suave, TIGI, TONI&GUY Hair Meet Wardrobe, TRESemmé and Vaseline. All of the preceding brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Unilever Group of Companies.
Our ambition is to double the size of our business, while reducing our overall environmental footprint (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal) and increasing our positive social impact. We are committed to helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, sourcing all our agricultural raw materials sustainably by 2020, and decoupling our growth from our environmental impact. Supporting our three big goals, we have defined seven pillars, underpinned by targets encompassing social, environmental and economic areas. See more on the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan at http://www.unileverusa.com/sustainable-living/ .
Unilever employs approximately 11,500 people across North America – generating more than $10 billion in sales in 2013. For more information, visit www.unileverusa.com or www.unilever.ca .
Unilever is committed to ensure that its products are compliant with legislation and that clear information is provided on their use and any risks that are associated with their use.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected class in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Unilever takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.