GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Downstream Technology Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gasfuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today's toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a "fullstream" company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today's era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge - the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry's changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We're at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to
fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter@GE_OilandGas.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Manufacturing Finance Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Manufacturing Finance Manager will work closely with the Plant Manager and Operating team to ensure all financial initiatives growth and profitability targets are met for the Houston Service Center. This role will be responsible for closing cycles & operating rhythms, quarterly reporting, annual budget preparation, and controllership fundamentals as well as responsible for coordinating & discussing finance related activity across GSC functions.
In the role of Manufacturing Finance Manager you will:
* Utilize your experience to solve problems, develop and execute objective for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and long-term business goals.
* Serve as a business partner to the operating team leaders to drive business initiatives, growth and profitability
* Manage monthly and quarterly financial reviews, QMIs, closing, and reporting processes
* Ensure compliance with GE practices and processes, uphold GE commitment to integrity and identify opportunities to improve financial results
* Identify financial risks and work with the business team to develop and implement mitigation strategies
* Partner with technical / business leaders and staff to drive operating performance and act as champion for cost optimization, productivity, inventory accuracy and utilization
* Inventory responsibilities including oversight of cycle count process, annually physical inventory and complex reconciliation procedure
* Manage the controllership aspects of a manufacturing site including but not limited setting annual MOH and OCPH rates, warranty reserves, and obsolescence
* Drive process improvement / transaction quality by partnering with IT team to develop, implement, and constantly utilize financial tools to reduce offline / manual processes
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university
* Minimum 5 years of experience in a Financial position
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Minimum 10 years of progressing experience in Financial roles
* Exposure to, and understanding of, cost accounting and related plant operations
* Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues in a compliant manner
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and continuously exhibit clear and critical thinking
* Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and interactions with others
* Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification or equivalent quality certification
* Experience successfully communicating with senior leaders, functional management teams and direct reports, both verbally and in writing
* Demonstrated ability and desire to build and maintain relationships with a diverse operations team while influencing adoption of key strategies
* Comfortable working in areas without clearly defined roles and responsibilities; being able to identify areas of improvement and enact positive change
* Strong teamwork and ability to drive change across functions and departments within GE
* FMP / CAS experience
* Experience managing and coaching others
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Oil & Gas!
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.