The Manufacturing Intern supports the Production team by assisting in the field with production line performance, yield loss analysis and maintenance parts/PM optimization. The intern will report to the Production Manager. The intern will support applying Lean principles, downtime analysis and documentation. The Intern will be required to develop a business case to be presented to the leadership team at the conclusion of the assignment.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Production Line Performance
- Observe and document downtime as determined by line
- Develop Pareto charts for analysis of performance
- Support the development of single point lessons and inspection checklist
- Conduct line speed analysis as required
- Yield Optimization
- Track raw material usage and determine standard usage
- Conduct a loss point analysis for identified materials
- Assist in the development of tools to aid in yield performance
- Analyze key measures against productivity goals and annual business plan performance
- Lean Principles Application
- Review current process and eliminate waste
- Study and optimize processes and document recommendations
- Develop standardized processes to be applied at different locations
- Apply 5S concept as required
- Business Case Development
- Develop a business case for each project assigned. Each business case must include financial impact, analysis performed, recommend changes and the implementation plan.
- Develop a detailed presentation summarizing the overall work completed
- Present the summary to leadership at the end of the internship
- Must be able to work in summer conditions
- Must have a car and valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work some weekends
- Must be able to flex working hours to different shifts as needed to complete project work
- Must be proficient in MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint or similar programs
- Must be currently enrolled in college in your junior or senior year
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.