The Manufacturing Manager is responsible to leading and managing production operations for an assigned manufacturing Business Unit/Value Stream, while maintaining a high level of safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Develops department goals and objectives, identifies appropriate measurements and tracks progress for each area. This position may lead or actively participates on cross Medical Device Supply Chain and/or JJSC projects. Drives collaboration with Supply Chain Partners (i.e. Production Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, etc) in order to deliver safe, reliable, high quality products for our patients, at a reasonable cost. Actively participates on the Plant Leadership Team.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overall capacity planning, scheduling and manufacturing of existing and newly developed products in areas of a Business Unit/Value Stream in compliance with all regulatory and QSR requirements in a cost effective manner and in accordance with planned budget.
- Applies understanding of the correlation between SC metrics and customer service metrics to ensure relevance and business impact. Develops goals and objectives that support business plans and drives SC metrics and innovation goals
- Acts as a SME and leverages understanding of Industry leading best practices and connects with key stakeholders in order to gain support for deployment of business goals
- Fosters a work environment that leverages diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talent to generate innovative ideas or solutions. Accountable for pro-active people management and talent development. Sets the standards for performance assessment and feedback, effective communication, promoting positive morale and supporting employee involvement programs across assigned operations.
- Responsible for Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability performance to standards.
- Ensure corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by internal and external audits are implemented in accordance with Quality System requirements.
- Foster a team environment within Business Unit/Value Stream and across the broader Manufacturing Site.
- Drives timely and quality delivery to both internal and external customers and is accountable for project improvement activities, (ie., Lean and Process Excellence Initiatives, quality, cell development, new equipment start-ups, new product launch production plans).
- Personally uses Process Excellence tools effectively and creates a culture that ensures all levels in the department are using the tools along with metrics to improve the business.
- Responsible for project leadership and implementation with impact on broad based departmental and organizational goals. Lead or actively participate on cross-functional Medical Device Supply chain and /or JJSC projects
- Establishes an inclusion environment conducive to support a diverse employee population
- Manages and drives improvement quality standards, resolves technical related issues and improves manufacturing procedures, processes, monitoring and measurement systems.
- Fosters employee engagement through routine business unit/value stream meetings.
- Analyzes root cause investigation outcomes to address quality and scrap issues and leads effective corrective actions for non-conformance issues identified by the quality system.
- Ensures the maintenance of all production machinery by coordinating these functions as necessary with Facilities and Maintenance departments.
- Collaborates with Engineering to forecast machinery, material and equipment needed to meet requirements of new and existing products. Continuously reviews and drives operation improvements with regards to production set up and layout of equipment and general work areas.
- Promote and nurture the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
- Knowledgeable and compliant with laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times. Diligently participates in compliance programs.
- Enforces employee compliance, including attendance at training programs, and promptly report any non-compliance in accordance with Business Code of Conduct.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Organizational Leadership or Business discipline is required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in manufacturing or related operations is required with at least four (4) years of direct supervision of professional level employees required.
- Demonstrated experience managing expense and capital budgets to business plans is required.
- Experience within a GMP and/or ISO regulated manufacturing environment is required; ISO9001 or ISO13485 is preferred.
- Proven track record with NCR process, CAPA and other quality system components is required
- Advanced understanding and working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools is required. Lean Six Sigma Training and/or Certification are preferred.
- Demonstrated successful management of capacity planning including ERP and Manufacturing Processing Systems (MPS) is required.
- Advanced PC experience using Windows and Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities to develop and drive talent development and supporting programs is required.
- Ability to maneuver changing business environments, both internally and externally is required.
- Ability to collaborate across functions and to influence and drive effective decision making is required.
- Talent mindset / Change Agent is required
- Demonstrated strong project management skills are required; the ability to lead and facilitate project improvements is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interface with all levels of management, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Based on site specific business needs:
- Experience with clean room environment (ISO class 7 and 8) is preferred.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function