Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a manufacturing manager to support all potential and existing vendors by serving as the primary liaison and managing the day-to-day relationships with all vendors. The ideal candidate has product development experience with an emphasis on overseas sourcing, excellent organizational and time-management skills, and a strong sense of commitment to and personal ownership of the responsibilities assigned to them. This position will report to the director of product development.Responsibilities
- Manufacturing / Sourcing
- Contribute to category strategy and annual product planning roadmap.
- Identify and prospect growth opportunities in assigned categories.
- Serve as the manufacturing specialist and manager of day-to-day relationships between Blizzard and vendors in assigned categories.
- Manage vendors to ensure consistent quality of product execution including cost improvements, efficient lead times, packaging requirements, and globally compliant for commercialization.
- Understands and considers global trade agreements, labor, safety and material compliance regulations and overall international business environments to manage a capable and compliant vendor matrix.
- Facilitate cross departmental meetings and supplier engagement regarding cost, innovation, quality, and production.
- Work closely with product development and design teams to understand product requirements in order to align them with vendor capabilities and capacity.
- Work closely with internal teams and designers to ensure adherence to design / merchandising calendar and each brand's franchise goals.
- Negotiate and review price quotes and draft manufacturing services agreements.
- Supervise coordinator / specialist on a project basis.
- Communicate status updates with director on a weekly basis.
- Assist director with special events / projects.
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in product development
- Able to work and thrive in a globally oriented environment
- Passion for playing computer games
- Able to work well in a team environment with various internal organizations (such as creative development, marketing, legal, accounting, and international Blizzard teams)
- Able to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Intelligence, confidence, discretion, humility, and intellectual curiosity
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
Required Application Materials
- Experience in the game industry
- International business and / or sourcing experience
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.