Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Manufacturing Manager to manage all aspects of the day-to-day manufacturing activities for the Inserts Department (production, planning, manufacturing engineering, safety). This position is located at the AFSR aerospace fastener plant in Torrance, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of all aspects of the manufacturing activities (production, planning, manufacturing engineering, safety).
- Department consists of 120+ employees and a sales average of $4M/Month.
- Manage planning function to ensure smooth product flow through manufacturing cells and delivers customer product on time.
- Coordinates all manufacturing activities with Procurement, such as outside processing, to eliminate delays and meet production/shipping schedules.
- Sets expectations, provides recourses, audits performance, counsels employees, trains and sets policies to exceed department goals.
- Leads team to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual performance goals.
- Ensures operations metrics are well known, tracks daily progress, and mitigates risks.
- Works with managers across all functional lines to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Actively participates in the implementation and sustaining ABS principle and practices.
- Oversees maintenance of equipment.
- Demonstrates continual focus on improvements and enhancements.
- Exhibits and promotes behaviors on the plant floor that leads to an engaged workforce.
- Implements company policies such as attendance, overtime, safety, environmental, etc., and directs the application of such policies to the product group's operation.
- Assesses employee performance and mentors staff.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Experience with CNC machines
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement initiatives and principles
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel spreadsheets
- Experience in the Fastener industry
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.