Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Manufacturing Manager to manage all aspects of the day to day manufacturing activities for the assigned product line (Collars Dept.) - production, planning, manufacturing engineering, safety. This position is located at the AFSR aerospace fastener plant in Torrance, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) holds the number one global market position in aerospace fastening systems and rings, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our rings and high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,500 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management of all aspects of the manufacturing activities (production, planning, manufacturing engineering, safety).
- Department consists of 90+ employees and a sales average of $3M/month sales.
- Manage planning function to ensure smooth product flow through manufacturing cells and delivers customer product on time.
- Coordinates all manufacturing activities with Procurement, such as outside processing, to eliminate delays and meet production/shipping schedules.
- Sets expectations, provides recourses, audits performance, counsels employees, trains, and sets policies and practices to exceed department goals.
- Leads team to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual performance goals.
- Ensures operations metrics are well known; tracks daily progress towards achieving objectives and mitigating risks.
- Works with managers across all functional lines to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Actively participates in implementing and sustaining Lean Manufacturing (TPS) principles and practices.
- Oversees maintenance of equipment.
- Demonstrates continual focus on improvements and enhancements.
- Exhibits and promotes behaviors on the plant floor that leads to an engaged workforce.
- Implements company policies such as attendance, overtime, safety, environmental, etc., and directs the application of such policies to the product group's operation.
- Assesses employee performance and mentors staff.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and conflict resolution skills. Ability to work with a diverse employee population.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple and diverse work assignments with minimal direction and supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Engineering or Business, from an accredited institution
- Experience in a machine shop - CNC machines, multi-spindle machines, grinding, thread rolling, crimping, etc.
- Experience with P&L responsibility
- Experience in the Aerospace industry or other regulated industry
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing (TPS) programs and principles
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel spreadsheets
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.