Through subordinate lead operators and supervisors, manages multiple shift operations within B5 Teardown and Fractionation department. Responsible for employee safety, meeting budget, quality, and production goals, setting standards, and making employment and staffing decisions. Interprets and develops manufacturing policies, procedures, and programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures adherence to all environmental, health and safety procedures and promotes a positive safety-first culture.
- Responsible for daily manufacturing operation across 24/7 B5 Teardown operation.
- Accountable for delivering quality products to customers on time in a cost-efficient manner.
- Partners with support groups to continuously improve safety, quality to meet department goals
- Responsible for meeting production requirements including fulfillment and yield targets.
- Assist department leadership with creation and meeting the annual operating plan and budget commitments.
- Ensure staff training is appropriate to perform tasks with highest level of safety, quality and compliance.
- Develop staff and one self through feedback and developmental processes.
- Accountable for staff performance including resolution of disciplinary issues up to and including suspensions and terminations.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement and right first time execution.
- Champion continuous improvement culture and lead implementation of tools, including leading Tier visual management meetings.
- Responsible for representing department and providing leadership in meetings, audits and projects as required.
- Drive employee engagement, development and hiring.
- Work closely with Fractionation Director and interfaces to fill in for Fractionation Associate Directors as required.
Education and/or experience
- Ability to manage multiple activities through subordinates and exercise full supervision in terms of cost, methods, and employees.
- Ability to interpret and analyze statistical data and information including financial reports
- Ability to understand and resolve technical problems and interface with engineering/technical experts to resolve
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting
- Ability to perform investigations and communicate through well written documentation
- Knowledge of world-class manufacturing methods (QLP, Lean, Six Sigma), Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Drug and Administration regulations.
- Must have demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to interface well with personnel at all levels
- Must be able to work and facilitate a team-oriented environment.
- May be required to supervisor various groups and/or shifts.
Bachelors' degree required, preferably in science, engineering or other related technical field. 6+ years of related experience with 5+ years as a supervisor or equivalent leadership role. Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 35 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility.
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- No make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish or artificial fingernails may be worn in the work environment.
- Will be working in an area that requires protective equipment to be worn.
- Will work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and celite that may require respiratory protection.
- May be required to work or be assigned to a different shift as needed.
- Inside working conditions.
- Some Clean Room and cool/hot storage conditions.
- 5% travel