Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking an Operations Manager to direct and assist manufacturing teams in obtaining efficient operation of the manufacturing activities while maintaining a customer focus (quality and on-time delivery are priority.). This role will direct and supervise activities of manufacturing supervisors, team leaders, technicians, and operators; show by example a commitment to employee involvement, participative management, and continuous improvement; and assure a safe and healthful workplace. This position is located at our aerospace fastener plant in Carson, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) holds the number one global market position in aerospace fastening systems and rings, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our rings and high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,500 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Direct production teams in the manufacturing of product to meet customer quality and on-time delivery needs
- Supervise work teams and individuals in the areas of personnel actions in compliance with company policies
- Schedule/ approve overtime, vacations and other personnel administrative requests
- Assist in setting and achieving productivity and quality targets for the various teams
- Coach teams in their continuous improvement efforts
- Establish procedures by which the teams/ operators perform preventative maintenance activities.
- Establish procedures for shop floor housekeeping
- Prepare daily production reports and forms
- Attend Production Review Meetings
- Participate as a Safety Committee member
- Review performance against plans and budgets monthly. Assure compliance with plans and budgets
- Provide input into the capital budgets. Monitor project performance and expenditures
- Prepare capital appropriation requests, as required. Review and approve capital appropriation requests
- Perform other tasks as needed in support of production teams and leaders.
- Work in a safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
- Comply with all EHS rules and regulations and supervisory instructions.
- Report all incidents including injuries, spills, fires, property damage, and near misses to EHS Manager.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated results using business management skills
- Excellent organization, and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to employee involvement, participative management, and continuous improvement
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in manufacturing
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Business, Operations Management, or Engineering, from an accredited institution
- Experienced with manufacturing of precision metal components (precision metal removal or metal forming preferred)
- Experience with machining
- 10+ years of management experience in manufacturing
- Experience working in a complex manufacturing facility
- Experience in the aerospace industry
- Experience managing 50+ people
- Experience with TPS/ Continuous Improvement/ Lean Manufacturing principles and programs
- Experience in the Fastener manufacturing industry