High School diploma or GED equivalent
• 1 - 5 years experience in a production environment
• Ability to lift 5-25 lbs. frequently and occasionally lift drums, bags and cases weighing up to 50 lbs.
Technical Degree or Certification
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work and succeed in a team environment
• Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
• Team oriented and flexible, able to adapt to changing assignments
• Highly motivated and self-driven with a desire to continuously improve own skill set. Able to function productively with minimal supervision.
• Good organizational skills and interest in project management
• Ability to operate computer applications preferred.
• Detail oriented
At GlaxoSmithKline, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. As the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter products, reaching more than 1 billion consumers, GSK's Consumer Healthcare business is on an exciting journey. We're passionate about building the world's best fast-moving consumer healthcare company with a focus on quality, backed by science.
Our Consumer Healthcare facility in St. Louis, MO proudly manufactures household names such as TUMS, OsCal, and Citrucel. We're proud of our heritage and success in the St. Louis... and our impact on consumers' lives around the world.
The purpose of the Manufacturing Technicians is to operate a variety of machinery in order to produce a quality product.
• Ensure quality and compliance in accordance with established procedures and standards of the Quality System.
• Comply with and support the GSK Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Operate and troubleshoot a variety of machinery. Operate the worksaver and standup/sitdown lifts as needed. Utilize manlifts. Perform line changeovers, which include cleaning, disassembly, re-assembly of line equipment and lubrication.
• Support line performance, working closely with team associates for achievement of line standards. Perform preventive maintenance in order to sustain line performance and adhere to the fixed repeating schedule.
• Follow SOP's, change control / validation processes, and adhere to established cleaning programs for GMP compliance
• Work as a High Performance Team member supporting all aspects of team performance. Work on Cross Functional Teams supporting the intent to improve equipment utilization, line changeover times, new technology and state of the art automation.
• Understand and seek continuous improvement of the business needs.
• Complete batch record documentation monitoring Right First Time results and related Key Performance Indicators
• Assist in the training of other Technicians as needed. Assist in the development of SOP's and required annual review. Assist in the generation of measurements to track efficiencies and other pertinent data for the unit to identify and implement continuous improvement efforts.
• Report all safety concerns and hazards immediately.
• Comply with all operational safety, process safety, environmental permits, Quality policies, procedures and training requirements.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.