The Plant Director contributes to the success of the Pepsi Beverages Company by directing the operations of a plant to meet customer needs and achieve standards related to safety, quality, customer service, cost, line efficiencies, waste, productivity and sustainability. The Plant Director must convert overall plant objectives into achievable tasks at the execution level. This individual must set production and warehouse performance standards and align the organization to achieve results. This individual is responsible for managing several shifts and developing a team of ~200 total employees and managers. Additionally this role is responsible for developing, implementing and executing a best in class service to sales standard.
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- Applies knowledge of processes, equipment and system capability to set challenging individual and facility standards within manufacturing plant and warehouse operation.
- Develops Annual Operating Plan for the plant.
- Coaches supervisors and managers to achieve performance standards with regards to safety, line utilization and quality
- Manages direct and indirect controllable costs to meet overall cost index target
- Tracks key performance indicators/costs, anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of financial targets
- Overall oversight of the scheduling process for receiving and delivering raw materials and finished products in a timely manner
- Overall oversight of the inventory process, ensuring optimal levels of full goods are maintained in order to fulfill daily sales needs
- Oversees and assures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for both management and front-line hourly personnel
- Overall plant Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibility for production, maintenance, and quality control and warehouse
- Ensures compliance with all Health & Safety regulations
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- A minimum of ten years of prior work experience in a high speed manufacturing environment
- A minimum of five years of prior work experience in a management position
- Bachelors Degree
- Prior experience in the consumer packaged goods industry
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment
Eligible for Standard Relocation