At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Process Engineer for the Transportation Safety Division located in Brownwood, Texas. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Process Engineer
will provide engineering expertise and technical assistance for (1) the design, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and modification of highly technical automated equipment, (2) development of procedures and techniques to support safe, reliable and efficient implementation of factory automation including Vision Systems, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, and Robotics.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement safe procedures and techniques to support and advance factory automation throughout the Brownwood site utilizing LOTO and management of change systems.
- Provide electrical controls, programming, software and application support to automation, robotics, vision, and SCADA systems.
- Foster and cultivate an extensive network of support and resources to facilitate completion of assignments.
- Actively participate in developing project assignments and completes assignments without detailed instructions.
- Train maintenance staff and production operators through appropriate knowledge transfer.
- Willingness to be on-call.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Automation Engineering, Controls Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
- Experience in vision systems and/or controls and automation systems.
- Experience in plant networks.
- Effective project management skills with proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve and implement solutions.
- Excellent computer skills - Excel, Minitab, Autocad, PowerPoint and Project.
- Works well on cross-functional teams in a continuous improvement (LEAN) environment.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and influencing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with time constraints.
Less than 20%Relocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.