At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Process Engineer for the Electronic Material Solutions Group located in New Ulm, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Engineer will provide technical leadership and manufacturing support within the Electronic Cable area. This position will be supporting development and deploying of new or improved process technology, new product development, cost reduction and quality improvements. In this position, the person is responsible for driving operational excellence within the areas of support and is expected to initiate and conduct broadly defined technical tasks within the process technology platforms. They are also responsible for advising, consulting and troubleshooting area processes within the plant.Primary Responsibilities
include improving key performance measures for assigned processes:
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Rates, Process Yield, and Quality.
- Actively utilize Lean Six Sigma and statistical tools for improving processes and reducing waste.
- Actively participate with the Quality Group during Complaint Resolutions and Corrective/Preventative Actions Provide technical support to Production and Plant Engineering on daily operational issues.
- Contribute to new product development including:
- Develop Statistical Process Control Standards Work with support teams to provide appropriate experiments.
- Support implementation with New Product/New Technology Introduction system.
- Work with Plant, Division, and other internal and external resources as needed to accomplish objectives.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of one (1) year of engineering experience (private, public, government or military)
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Previous experience in extrusion and web handling.
- Experience installing and optimizing automated equipment.
- Experience in process engineering within a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- High personal integrity, an energetic & positive attitude and be a self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and organizational skills to manage different priorities.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and apply systematic thinking in problem solving.
New Ulm, MNTravel:
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.