At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Product Engineer for the Automotive & Aerospace Solutions Division located at the manufacturing facility located in Springfield, MO. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Product Engineer will provide support and services for existing, improved, or new products, processes, or technologies that can have significant impact potential at a program level. Responsible for initiating and conducting broadly defined technical tasks and programs within a specific technology cluster in a manufacturing environment, usually associated with Process and Product Understanding.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Resolve product quality issues (FOD, failing QC, OOS process standard issues, etc)
- Conduct QRB (Quality review board) when product is outside specification.
- Lead MOCs for RM changes and minor process changes
- LSS & PPU projects to support continuous improvement
- NPI Qualification run support
- Participating on cross-functional teams associated with the job function
- Representing 3M Springfield during internal and external customer interactions and auditsBasic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in product or manufacturing engineering
- Master's degree or higher in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma application
- Proven success with implementing improvements in EHS, quality, service, costs
- Excellent communication skills with a wide range of target audiences consisting of Executive Leadership, Plant Leadership, and peers.
- Project management experience
May include up to 25% domestic and/or internationalRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.