At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Product Engineer for the Health Care Business located in Brookings, SD. Our plant was recently named as one of the Best 50 Places to Work. Read about us in the September 2016 issue of Prairie Business Magazine.
Brookings, SD, is a tremendous place to live, work, and play. Our community offers an incredible cultural experience, abundant recreational amenities, sporting events, including NCAA Division I athletics, and a vibrant entertainment scene. Brookings is the home to South Dakota's largest university, South Dakota State University (SDSU), and an excellent K-12 public education system. State-of-the-art healthcare, a great variety of stores and restaurants and proximity to metro areas combine to create the opportunity to enjoy an active lifestyle in a rural setting. Brookings has been ranked the #3 Great College Town in the Small Town Category by U.S. News and World Report and is #5 on Livability's 2013 "Top 10 Best Small Towns in America". Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Product Engineer
will have responsibility for supporting the Medical Technologies product family within the Medical Tape focus factory, achieving the highest quality product, maintain product standards, protecting customer safety, increasing yields, and reducing manufacturing cost. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Product and process support for existing operations in the manufacturing facility
- Lead and/or contribute to various cross functional teams/ projects
- Project planning, management and implementation
- Lean Six Sigma project initiation, leadership, execution and measurement
- New product scale-up and commercialization
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum six months of manufacturing experience
- Minimum three (3) years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Demonstrated use of skills and knowledge of equipment, systems, materials, processes, and procedures to solve manufacturing problems
- Effective project management skills with proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Ability to understand and apply lean, analytical and statistics tools
- Cross-functional team leadership experience
: Brookings, SDTravel:
Travel up to 10%Relocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.