At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Product Manager for the Oral Care Solutions Monrovia, CA. Job Summary
: The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Product Manager
will be responsible for developing and executing manufacturing strategies and operational plans that drive continuous improvement for safety, quality, service, and cost for the Orthodontic manufacturing operations. As such, this person will be a member of the Plant Leadership Team, and will collaborate with each member of the leadership team to help the plant continuously improvePrimary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive world class safety culture into daily operations
- Direct and facilitate Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement teams to improve customer satisfaction and reduce total costs
- Establish and maintain financial targets
- Manage production supervisors, process engineers, planners and team members with clearly defined roles, performance objectives, motivation, and training
- Determine required hourly employee staffing levels
- Develop or direct development and approve experiments, standard operating, quality and administrative procedures and policies for manufacturing and related operations. Oversee the implementation and administration of all company policies.
- Implement additional production tools in support of manufacturing excellence
- Lead cross functional teams and programs to drive continuous improvement
- Implement Lean principles into existing manufacturing process
- Track key metrics in the manufacturing process and communicate to employees and management
- Communicates with internal and external business partners
- Provides training on key manufacturing concepts
- Resolves issues and conflicts related to direct reports
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field from an accredited institution
- Experience leading high performing cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to lead attainment of aggressive objectives for Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S), Quality, Service, and Financial performance
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certified with experience leading and implementing Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma methodology for sustained continuous improvement
- Strong leadership behaviors (as noted for 3M employees)
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Microsoft Office proficient
Up to 10%Relocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.