At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Product Manager for the Materials Resource Division located in Cottage Grove, MN. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Product Manager will manage the value streams in the MRD Chemical plant. This includes driving improvements in value streams and extended value streams related to EHS&R, capacity, quality, cost, productivity, supply chain and customer service.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Drives customer focus through prompt issue and complaint resolution, corrective action and effective interaction with the business team, operations team, sales, and customers.
- Leads sustainable supply chain performance through capacity management, cycle optimization, delivery performance, supplier management and appropriate inventory management.
- Identifies and implements sustainable improvements in productivity (standard cost, manufacturing variances and net spend) and product quality (COPQ, product capability and first time acceptance) through the application of LSS, entitlement thinking, yield improvements and productivity improvements.
- Supports operations team in EHS compliance and accountability through active and visible leadership and effective coaching to ensure employee engagement and success.
- Ensures compliance to all applicable standards (ISO, OSHA, RC, etc.)
- Pro-active involvement with division personnel and business team to support long term strategic objectives.
- Provides strong plant leadership through being an effective member of the plant leadership team (staff) and engagement of technical team and all support departments.
- Ensures strong alignment with department goals, plant and division metrics, and 3M vision and strategies.
- Lives 3M values through all interaction with the plant population and local community.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of two (2) combined years of leadership and/or supervisory experience
- Degree in technical or engineering discipline
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Experience with PHA covered processes.
- Experience in lean manufacturing methodologies in driving value steam improvement
- Strong communication and change management skills
- Ability to interact on a broad basis (external/internal customers, employees, peers and upper management)
Cottage Grove, MNTravel:
May include up to 15% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.