Eaton Corporation, Filtration Division, is looking for a Global Manufacturing Program Manager. This position is located in Eden Prairie, MN.
Eaton’s Filtration division is a leader in liquid filtration that can help companies improve product quality, increase manufacturing efficiency, protect employees and equipment, and help achieve sustainability goals. We help our customers make liquid products and processes clean and pure whether they are involved in sanitary processes like pharmaceutical, food and beverage; industrial water, petrochemicals, marine, automotive, municipal water, agriculture and construction equipment; or power generation from coal, natural gas, nuclear, hydropower and wind.
This position will be responsible for the successful execution of Filtration global manufacturing strategies to improve competitiveness of filtration products. Leads project teams for all manufacturing transition projects by utilizing standard work from group program management office to improve the global cost structure of Filtration products.
- Manages all filtration manufacturing transition projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Utilize standard work from Hydraulics group program management office (including PROLaunch STP process) to execute and report on manufacturing transition projects.
- Manages project teams assigned to respective transition at sending and receiving sites. Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the program and project teams in the areas of customer concern, potential change in scope and risk assessment. Facilitates the implementation of program management processes at the site, business unit or Division level.
- Manages effective stakeholder communications. Improves organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communicates and manages customer expectations and commitments internal to the business.
- Ensures standard program management processes are utilized and provides adequate support to the program and project teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Maintains metrics for transition projects , quality, cost, and delivery through all of the PROLaunch phases.
- Coordinates all risks and requirements of the program into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all projects into the programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- Partners with sending and receiving sites to: 1) manage customer contracts, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization; 2) establish and negotiate pricing strategies by system and/or product, market and by customer; 3) develop contract negotiation strategies. Ensure effective change management process is utilized.
- Provides periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the division and group levels.
- Utilizes good practices from Hydraulics Group to manage transition projects.
- Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coaches and provides feedback/rewards on performance indicators.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 6 years of manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Project Management experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Proven leadership skills - capability to lead change in a cross-cultural environment across multiple sites
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience in risk management
- Master’s degree/MBA
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Knowledge of CI tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, TQM, VA/VE
- Strong knowledge of various manufacturing techniques such as welding, fabrication, metal forming, complex system assemblies
- 1 year Multi-site experience
- 1 year Metal fabrication experience
- 1 year experience with presenting proposals to senior management
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.