Healthcare Global Supply Chain
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Manufacturing Quality and Inspection Technician (3rd Shift)
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Manufacturing Quality and Inspection Technician performs incoming and outgoing inspection and release of finished products, assemblies, and compounds for good manufacturing/laboratory practices (GMP/GLP) to verify product meets specifications and are free of damage or defects.
* Discard or reject products, material and equipment not meeting specifications Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations and work for conformance to specifications
* Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products (across departments), and recommend necessary corrective actions
* Perform incoming inspection of items as needed to reduce backlogs
* Perform final release of products as per internal and customer requirements/specifications
* Verify conformance to specifications and protocols and report outcomes
* Mark items with details such as grade and acceptance or rejection status
* Comply with EHS regulations & policies
* Continually identify, recommend and implement process improvements with a LEAN and quality focus
Quality Specific Goals:
* Knowledge and understanding of acceptance activity requirements for incoming, in-process, and final inspection requirements (as associated with job type/position) to ensure that a device conforms to it's specification and out of specification items are properly handled.
* Knowledge and understanding of Stop Orders, Concessions, ESD, Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Material Identification & Segregation, documentation configuration control practices; documentation & disposition of non-conforming material, and Good Documentation Practices requirements, as associated with this job type/position
* Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
* Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
* Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as requiredQualifications/Requir
* High school diploma/GED plus 2 years working experience in Manufacturing or Laboratory
* Ability to speak, understand, read, and write in local language
* Proficient with software applications applicable to the job
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Attention to detail
* Technical / Associate Degree
* Three years relevant experience in quality and/or inspection
* Experience in making process improvements
* Six Sigma Green Belt certified
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.