Aviation Supply Chain
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path.Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Quality Engineer 6 will be responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity. In this role, you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
In addition you will :
* Act as a change agent driving towards a "Lean" operation and ensure quality procedures are being followed
* Maintain familiarity with manufacturing equipment in order to provide accurate investment planning, as well as appropriate calibration and preventative maintenance
* Maintain process documentation active and enforced in assigned area to ensure consistent quality
* Implement, maintain and continuously improve 5S methodology in assigned areas
* Support Six Sigma programs by driving and coaching Six Sigma projects
* Support all elements of the quality program and drive overall quality in all aspects of manufacturing within the Control COE
* Establish internal processes required to provide high quality materials and services
* Monitors the results of those processes with internal and external customers, determines root cause of any non-conformances, and implements corrective actions
* Document technical data generated to substantiate the assigned components, assemblies and / or systems consistent with quality policies and procedures
* Improve the general, functional, and / or financial performance of the products and projects in the Membrane / Element operations by application of quality and statistical methods
* Manage the Supplier Quality Program to improve the quality of raw materials, or qualify new vendors
* Assist in process changes and new product development
* Apply standard engineering techniques to assigned tasks and ensure that specific goals are met in terms of quality, quantity, and timeliness in order to meet department goals
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 3 years of professional work experience)
* A minimum of 1 year of experience in manufacturing, quality, sourcing or operations
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
* Six Sigma training
* Ability to evaluate the impact of actions on the business and our customers
* Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to bring assignments to a successful completion
* Ability to work a flexible schedule coincidental with manufacturing functions and global suppliers
* Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma tools and evidence of their application to solve complex problems in a manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and quality assurance requirements
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
* Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.