At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manufacturing Specialist for the Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division Manufacturing Team, located in Maplewood, MN. Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Senior Engineer will be a part of the Personal Care Manufacturing Team, working with the Micro-replicated Hook and Extrusion Bonded Loop (EBL) Global Value Streams. Primary responsibilities will be to work with the global teams to drive value stream improvements. Projects will include NPI (New Product Introduction) programs, Product line extensions and manufacturing projects driven by Source-of-Supply optimization to deliver supply chain speed, cost reduction and quality improvements. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with 3M plants and suppliers globally to manage product cost, quality and service
- Develop depth of understanding in Hook and EBL value streams to support best practice sharing across plants, to support Knowledge Transfer (KT), globally, to identify Value Stream Improvement projects and deliver Lean Six Sigma Projects.
- Work cross-functionally with the Hook and EBL Business Units including; supply chain, laboratory, quality and marketing to deliver the business objectives and drive strategic Value Stream Improvement projects.
- Support new product teams to take products through the commercialization process to post-launch
- Manage documentation of product quality, process understanding and Management of Change.
- Participate in Plant Certification Audits and Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering or Science discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a manufacturing function
- Manufacturing experience in manufacturing plants
- Minimum of five (5) years of manufacturing experience
- Previous experience with micro-replication and nonwovens
- Ability to engage and influence the organization
- Understanding of LEAN principles and Extended Value Stream Mapping
- Experience with qualification processes on new or changing processes
- Green Belt trained and understanding of process capability
- Ability to work well cross functionally
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Project Management skills with the ability to develop and drive timelines.
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic and international
Relocation Benefits: Are not authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.